What to bring
Make a Donation
What to bring with you when you admit to The Wenham House
For your comfort and convenience, we recommend bringing only seasonally appropriate clothing. We also recommend bringing athletic attire and shoes, one pair of boots (winter), a swimsuit (summer), and seasonally appropriate outerwear. We ask that guests bring no more than three pairs of footwear.
We also recommend that guests bring:
- Dovernment issued photo ID.
- Casual clothing for 7-10 days.
- Toiletries including shampoo, soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant, shaving supplies.
- Any necessary medications. Please note that guests are responsible for their own medications, and that medications must be reviewed by and approved by our staff prior to admitting.
- Grocery store gift cards.
Guests can bring personal items with them, but are asked not to bring anything exceeding $500 in value.
What to leave behind when you admit to The Wenham House
When you arrive at The Wenham House a member of our staff will search your person and your belongings thoroughly before bring you to your room. Items not permitted will be held by us, returned with your family member, or discarded.
We discourage guests from bringing:
- Cell phone, laptop, tablet, personal gaming device and any other wifi-capable device. An iPod is acceptable.
- Anything containing alcohol including toiletries, mouthwash and cologne.
- Drugs, including but not limited to benzodiazepines, anti-psychotics, muscle relaxers, and sleep aids.
- Large amounts of cash.
- over-the-counter medications, herbal products or vitamin supplements.
- Food and snacks.
- Exercise equipment.
During a guest’s first month, they are not permitted to have a car. However, once they begin to work, they will be allowed to have their car on-site, space permitting.
Guests who remain at The Wenham House for an extended period will be granted the use of their cell phone or laptop as it pertains to their employment.
call us at (978) 626-0161.